Listen Live or Later
- Virtually Speaking is a set of regular online "radio" shows. Listen live while we webcast and record via BlogTalkRadio.
- Listen later on the web or download podcasts from iTunes or BlogTalkRadio.
- VS is presented to a digitally present studio audience through Second Life, a 3-D, graphics intensive platform – an additional way to participate.
- Produced by Jay Ackroyd & Sherry Reson.
- VS Science archived in iTunes and BlogTalkRadio; hosted in Second Life by the Exploratorium.
- Join the studio audience: use the Second Life social network platform.
- Tweet much? Follow @JayAckroyd, @SherryReson, @Stuart_Zechman, @TomLevenson, @B0yle, @JenLucPiquant. Hashtags: #AskVS #VSpeak
- Comment and pose questions in each episode post on this website.
Host Jay Ackroyd chats about political theory, public affairs, politics, economics, foreign affairs, science, technology and popular culture with authors and thought leaders from a wide range of disciplines. Episodes air, usually live, 9 pm Eastern on Thursdays. Since March 2007. Archived in iTunes and on BlogTalkRadio
Two writers from our media panel discuss politics, policy and topical events, providing a counterpoint to the Sunday Morning legacy programs. Listen to Allison Kilkenny,* Avedon Carol, Cliff Schecter, Dave Johnson, David Waldman, David Dayen, Digby, Gaius Publius, Joan McCarter, Marcy Wheeler, Richard Eskow* and Stuart Zechman. Episodes air live on Sundays at 9 pm Eastern. Since January 2010. Archived in iTunes and on BlogTalkRadio *Allison & Richard join the VSS media panel in Jan 2014.
Listen live or later on the web; join us in the Second Life studio audience.
Hosted in Second Life by the Exploratorium and CalTech Virtual Astronomy Group | Live interviews hosted 1st, 2nd & 3rd Wednesdays by ALAN BOYLE (CosmicLog, MSNBC), JENNIFER OUELLETTE (Scientific American, Cocktail Party Physics), TOM LEVENSON (MIT, Inverse Square, Balloon Juice) & occasionally, PZ MYERS. Times vary.
Occasional commentary, written and read by VS guests, panelists and hosts or clipped from shows.
Political Satirist Culture of Truth offers weekly commentary on the most ridiculous moment from the Sunday morning talk shows. Based on his Bobblespeak Translations - "What they're really saying when they're saying what they're saying." We post audio and transcript.
Stuart Zechman creates the Z-Files for Virtually Speaking. A movement liberal, entrepreneur and technologist, Stuart organizes public commentary at legacy media political blogs, such as TIME Magazine's Swampland. He uses Twitter as a primary communications tool and occasionally posts at Avedon’s Other Weblog and Yves Smith’s Naked Capitalism.
Five Question Interviews, courtesy of Gaius Publius.
Shorts from Shows: clips from regular programs.